Crispy Skin Cast Iron Roast Chicken
YIELD: SERVES 2-4
TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
Please see post for more recipe details and photographs (http://bestrecipebox.com/recipes/crispy-skin-roast-chicken/)
- 1 whole Chicken
- Olive Oil or melted Butter
- Sea Salt of Kosher Salt
- fresh cracked Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken completely. Coat chicken with olive oil or melted butter and season with salt and pepper to liking.
- Heat a cast iron skillet that is large enough to fit your chicken over medium-high heat. Once pan is properly heated brown each side of the chicken including sides (about 4 minutes per side or until skin is nicely crisped).
- Once all sides of the chicken are browned, place cast iron pan with chicken (breast side up) in pre-heated oven. Roast chicken at 375 for 1 hour dropping temperature to 350 for last 20 minutes. Chicken is done once juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh or the temperature in the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F when probed with an instant read thermometer (roasting time will vary depending on size of chicken).
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes covered with foil to retain heat. Carve and serve.